Thursday, February 14, 2008

just another normal day

valentines day, 2008, yay!!!!! to be honest i could care less. i have never been able to fully celebrate it in it's popular meaning, but i have reached the point, that after 23 years of living, i really don't care.

now, i don't want to be one of those who sits and feels sorry for themselves because of that, and i am not into the whole substituting it with other events or celebrations for singles or whatever...i just want it to be another normal day. i could sit here and write about how i wish things were different or that this day could mean something special to me, but i don't want to waste my time doing that. that would take up too much of my time and waste yours as well.

no, today is just another normal day. i will wear red (just because it is my favorite color) and i will wear black (just because it is another favorite color), and i plan to eat chocolate (just because i love chocolate), and i will listen to sweet music about love, life, and someone (just because i love all music), and i will appreciate the flowers growing outside my window (just because i love flowers). and i will look forward to my valentine's card from my grandma that has a dollar bill in it for a candy bar. and the text message from my mom and dad saying they love me. yes, that is what i love about this day.

have a great day.

No comments: